Saturday, November 21, 2009

Isaac is almost 8 Months Old!

Wow, I can't believe how time has flown!  Isaac is almost 8 months old and is about to enter his first holiday season.  I just got great news, I passed my National Board Certification!  That means that my credential is valid in over 40 states, if we were ever to move.  It also means that I worked hard and it paid off.

I am starting a Spanish music class for kids, mostly so Isaac can be exposed to music in Spanish and have fun with other kids.  It is going off to a slow start, but I anticipate more participation after the holidays.  It is really fun for me because I am learning kids songs in Spanish to sing to Isaac and am breaking out my mom's old instruments from when she taught music.

Isaac is growing up so quickly.  He is just about ready to crawl.  He moves from sitting to his front on all fours.  Now he just needs to move!  I heard that babies start crawling backwards, so we are awaiting the backward crawls from our little crab!  Isaac has learned to pull himself up to standing in his crib.  This was a little bit scary because the crib was at the highest setting, so Jose immediately lowered it.  Now there is no risk of Isaac falling out!


A few days a week after school, I take Isaac to the park.  He loves to play in the sand.  He sits and puts the sand in his hand, lifts his hands up high, and watches the sand fall to the ground.  He loves to be pushed in the swing, and especially play with other kids.  Isaac starts grunting and flapping his arms when other kids his age are around.  He is going to make a lot of friends.

No comments: