Thursday, December 10, 2009
December Happening
Today we celebrated me passing my National Board Certification at my friend's restaurant (she is a manager), The Tam O'Shanter. Now, if you live in or anywhere near LA, you have to go to the Tam, especially around Christmas time. Jose ate a delicious filet and I had yummy fish entree, but the best part was the carolers. Every year at Christmas time, the Tam has Christmas carolers who are fully decked in Old English costumes. They go around to each and every table and take requests as to which Christmas carol you want to hear. There were 4 of them (I think there always are) and they were great. I loved them last year, but this year was the best. Why? Well, because of Isaac. Now, Isaac loves music. He grunts, screams, and sings along whenever we sing to him, when he hears a band play, and especially during the worship songs at church. So today, Isaac was transfixed on the carolers. I had wanted to hear Joy to the World and was pretty sure that was Isaac's choice for a Christmas hymn as well, but the carolers decided that Isaac was to hear Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer. As soon as the tenor handed Isaac his jingle bells, Isaac began to jingle them, Jose swears to the beat! Isaac shook the jingle bells and looked at each singer giving us our own private concert. Watching Isaac in his own private concert, looking from here to there, grunting, and screaming, made me so happy! Our little one brings such joy and is such a gift to us. We are so thankful for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi
so glad you stopped by my blog.
I'd love to see you and your little guy any time.
Let me know what days might work for you.
Great meeting you at Heirloom.
*Catherine
mama of Max
Post a Comment