Jose and I went on an amazing vacation to Ojai and to my parent's condo to get a little r & r. It was so great to be away from LA, work, and our lives. A guest speaker came and did a sermon on giving thanks. It was so nice to stop and thank God for all of the blessings in our lives - something that is quite obvious, but somehow, tends to get skipped over at times. I am so thankful for an amazing husband and a little bun in the oven! God has truly blessed me.
We met up for dinner with my parents in Santa Cruz to "break the news." First we gave them some wedding prints (shame on us, I know!) and then gave them the cutest Todd Parr books called the Grandmother Book and the Grandfather Book. My mom was totally in shock and asked, "Are you trying to tell us something?" No mom, we just thought this would be a funny gift. Of course we are trying to tell you something! I am not sure how my mom took it. She was shocked nonetheless. I think it was easier news for my dad.
Now we are back from the vacation and I am getting ready to start school. Only 3 more days off!!!!!! I am madly running errands and trying to accomplish a variety of things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment